Technology Science Fair
Discussing all things technology related
Recently the comedian John Oliver had a segment on his show regarding the issue of net neutrality. This seems like a common problem which relentlessly rears it’s ugly head every year or so. Internet service providers continue to fight to find a way to regulate the bandwidth in which their internet service is being provided to best suit themselves. The main issue with this is fairly simple, if a company like Comcast wanted to slow down its competitor’s service, like Netflix (as mentioned on “last night tonight”) they would be free to do so if this law was passed.
As per usual, the big corporations are claiming that these issues are likely to not happen despite a history of very similar business tactics.
To combat this idea John Oliver created a website to redirect his viewers straight onto the FCC’s complaints section to try to convince them that this is not what people want. After spending the better part of a day at the top of Reddit the FCC shut down the website.
This battle continues to be waged as corporations look to squeeze every last dime out of their customers and position themselves to monopolize and control the internet. The internet is such a powerful technology that it is obvious why thye would want to do this. The problem is at what point do these corporations need to be regulating as to prevent them from becoming as self-serving and inherently “evil” regardless of who it is that is running them.
Technology should be used to benefit people’s lives, make their lives easier yet time and time again we see technology actually does the opposite. We have all become slaves to our phones and the internet, most people feel they have less free time now and are often more insecure and disconnected thanks to the use of social media.
Technology in its self is fantastic; however, it seems when corporations and big money become involved the utopian views quickly fade and we’re reminded of George Orwell’s 1984 world.
It’s time people begin to consider the ramifications of technology and question whether it
Technology has been making our lives easier and more efficient for as long as humans have been alive. Specifically, programs like AutoCAD have been making architecture and product design more practical. Where architects and designers used to have to hand draw their houses or inventions, requiring painstaking work and left much of it up to human error they are now able to effortlessly create and duplicate objects. With the invention of 3D printing, people are able to create prototypes for a relatively low startup fee.
The true concept of architecture began in Egypt where buildings became more than about survival, they started to become aesthetically pleasing and had some form of design. Pyramids were some of the first geometrically designed, accurate structures erected. Following that the Greeks began constructing buildings using pillars, which led into the Romans building structures designed for large gatherings of people. Creation of the Arch and the Vault. Medieval ages invented the domes to roof large spaces, which spawned the creation of skeleton framing. The renaissance was a time of refinement leading into the industrial era which called for the creation of large factories and warehouses. In modern architecture strength and sleek appearance has become at the forefront. Clean lines with polished surfaces and smooth finishes reign supreme. With the increase of the population in recent decades buildings have begun expanding upwards to increase city densities. The buildings we take for granted today are the result of centuries of technological advancements and refinement.
Many traditionalists in the architecture field feel that powerful technologies are stifling creativity; however, in my opinion, what it is doing is allowing a wider base of people to use this tool. This may create a feeling of mediocrity among the elitist architects or design obsessed, in reality the software is simply a tool for creation, the end result is achieved faster and easier with more precision, it is up to the artistic abilities of the architects to push this medium to new boundaries which many are capable of doing.
Creating prototypes used to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, required teams of designers and manufacturers to
6 Best Services for Architectural Rendering
When creating an architectural render there are some must-have programs to help you put together the best 3d rendering scene you possibly can. They make the work easier, faster and higher quality.
- Xfrog Vegetation packs are premade, gorgeous 3d models of trees, shrubs, and flowers, although they are very realistic, they present a problem of computing resources. 3d Architectural Rendering Studio, www.RealSpace3d.com utilizes premade, high-quality 3D models with their high-end architectural rendering services. They are able to put a high number of models into their scene because of an auto distribution tool which saves them time. In addition to time savings from not having to individually place single trees, RealSpace is able to save computing resources by instancing the models. Because of RealSpace’s use of Octane, they are able to instance hundreds of trees and not impact the rendering time greatly. Most architectural rendering companies are forced to cheat their images with 2D tree images photoshopped on top of their render, this typically works reasonably well; however, when moving to animation projects this technique falls flat. Because RealSpace uses 3-dimensional trees in their scenes animations can occur fluidly and are created with relative ease.
- Octane Render provides a fantastic unbiased, physically correct 3d rendering engine. They were the first company who utilized graphic card’s untapped potential in the rendering world. Up to 50 times faster than conventional CPU-based rendering software. In addition to providing a fast, realistic, rendering engine Octane is easy to learn and easy to use. Despite these benefits I have found that it’s integration into Maya is less than ideal. I believe the initial architecture of Octane was wonderful, especially the standalone. They then hired another company to work on creating the plugins for programs like 3Ds Max, Blender, and Maya. I’ve personally only used the Max and Maya versions, in my experience they are not logically setup and riddled with bugs, the quality and speed of the backbone of the rendering engine keeps me around though.
- Render Farm Services one of the struggles with 3D rendering is the render time. A single image can take days to render. If you are working on an animation project with a deadline the solution may lie in render farm services. Imagine a service which allows the speed of your render to only be limited by the size of your checkbook. Cloud computing is becoming increasingly viable and it makes sense as data transferring improves.
- 3D Warehouse if you’re in need of a quick model which doesn’t need to be overly detailed 3d warehouse provides a huge library of 3d models. The models are created using SketchUp and are typically not the cleanest meshes to work with, especially if moving to another program like Maya or 3ds Max; however, I tend to use them as filler meshes when creating a scene. There is a large amount of appliances which, when textured and lit properly, are more than sufficient for background pieces in an architectural rendering. The 3d mesh isn’t overly clean though so don’t expect to be able to do too much modification.
- Turbo Squid if it is high-quality 3d models which you’re after but on too tight of a time constraint to model it yourself, purchasing models from turbo squid are a great solution. I’ve bought high-quality architectural visualization packages which allowed me to quickly populate a scene with extremely detailed models which fit the scene perfectly. It is important to choose models which are compatible with your personal 3D software as it makes editing significantly easier.
- Textures Creating high-quality textures is arguably one of the biggest keys to creating realistic 3d renders. Creating each texture from scratch or searching through google can be time-consuming. Textures.com offers high quality, seamless textures ready to use.
Tech News for the Month of November 2016
- Microsoft has reached human parity for speech recognition. Speech recognition has been around since the 1970’s but this is the first time speech recognition has been on par with that of humans. This does not mean that the recognition is perfect but it is a monumental step. Microsoft says their next step in this development will be to pursue speech understanding. Microsoft already uses the somewhat creepy “Cortana” as their robot listening device. Their goal is to develop Cortana into a more effective assistant, and likely a better robot at understanding what your advertisements should look like.
- Edward Snowden is growing increasingly concerned about the number of people who rely solely on facebook for news. The main concern isn’t the plethora of fake news which consumes facebook, but rather, the limited alternative sources people are seeking. Many people are beginning to exist in an echo chamber politically, it is easy to tailer your google searches and article titles to suit your political views with no regards for facts. Snowden’s greatest concern seems to be the monopoly companies like Facebook, Google and Twitter have on providing people with new, especially news which contains misleading headlines. People were inundated with politcal content leading up to the election, lots of which was untrue or mis represented at the least “To have one company that has enough power to reshape the way we think, I don’t think I need to describe how dangerous that is,” Snowden said.
- Elon Musk unveiled the new Tesla Solar Roofs this month. This complete’s the 3 step plan to generate (solar roof) store, (powerwall) and transport (motors). As per usual, Elon Musk’s company has present an obvious solution to a very apparent problem. There is no doubt Elon is one of the greatest minds of our generation, but this is not a terribly complicated problem. The obvious question is why hasn’t this been done for decades. There have been a number of examples of electric cars being squashed by big oil companies, for example, those features in “who killed the electric car”
- Finland could become the first country to ban coal use for energy. Finland is looking to put forth a ban on all coal usage for energy. The country has been working towards this goal for years now and it seems it is finally taking shape. In addition, France has said they are planning to go coal free by 2023. Canada has said it will aim to be coal free by 2030. The chips are starting to fall with regards to archaic, polluting fossil fuels but is it too little too late. The earth has crossed 400 parts per million for CO2 recently, Toby from the office seems to think it’s already hopeless.
Scientific discoveries have been around, dating back to the Stone Age. The improvement of straightforward apparatuses from wood or shards of shake demonstrate a portion of the primary uses of information to produce innovation to determine an issue.
Innovation investigate is the branch of learning that agreements with the development and utilization of specialized means and their interrelation with life,society, and the earth, drawing upon such subjects as mechanical expressions, designing, connected science, and unadulterated science.
Innovation research is a mechanical procedure, development, strategy, or the branch of information, managing designing or connected sciences and may been craftsmanship, science, and so forth.; specialized terminology.
Advances research center conveys the world’s most exceptional advances, imaginative thinking and trained research to the organizations of Technologies in aviation drive, building foundation and administrations, warming and ventilating, fire and security frameworks and power era.
Talking about the most recent advancements in innovation look into has been a clasp of the Internet people group since the start. Buyer gadgetry, the car business, the military, and the space office are a portion of the numerous territories given quirky dismemberments in the Web’s top science-and-innovation.
The revelation of flame, which gave an approach to cook nourishment and make warmth and light, was additionally a stage along the street of innovation.
The Bronze Age demonstrates the developing capacity of man to work with metal and the capacity to shape more grounded apparatuses. The presentation of the wheel permitted individuals more noteworthy capacity to travel and talk.
Propels proceeded with similarly as quickly into the Iron Age where individuals built up the capacity to work with harder metals than copper and tin. They built up the craft of refining iron and expelling it from mineral found in the earth.
Development Of Science Technology Alluring Your Life
Today science and innovation have come to a matchless stature. As a matter of first importance I might want to get out the significance of innovation to all of you, so what is innovation? Innovation is alluded to the alteration and use of old machines to help the general population. Presently we go to another question that what is the need of the improvement of innovation? This question has an extremely basic answer the need of improvement of innovation is just to help the general population in their everyday work. Every one of the advancements of innovation science are just to give helpful to people.
It will get to be clearer to you after a case, for example let us take the development of the immense researcher Albert Einstein the electric however before the creation of electric globule individuals used to complete their work before the sun set and they dispensed with their home with candles yet after the innovation of the electric knob this turned out to be much less demanding individuals can work till late night and this offered ascend to the utilization of power in making distinctive sorts of contraptions and this offered ascend to another innovation which comprised the utilization of power. Presently as one path prompts to another route in a similar way one innovation takes you to the method for another innovation, thinking about how? See when we concocted the innovation of utilizing power then another innovation of creating this power took birth yes, you are correct the innovation of dams like hydrological dams; those dams which deliver power utilizing the force of water, tidal dams; these are those dams and wind processes; these are those dams which create power by the force of winds .so it`s very easy to comprehend that how the development of one innovation brings forth another innovation. I will give you another case to make this unmistakable as a matter of first importance when the innovation of PC was presented then PC innovation offered ascend to another innovation called web innovation and gradually and gradually this prompted to the production of the virtual world and today these advancements have grown today and web innovation and PC innovation are exceptionally created which are helping us in our day today life and we ought not overlook that if today you are perusing this substance it has got to be conceivable just because of the PC and programming innovation . Presently the hypothesis that how one innovation prompts to the development or generation of new innovation must be clear to all of you.
Presently let us discuss the significance of the advancements. The first and the premier significance of the innovations is that innovation furnish us with persuade of doing any work, it can likewise be said that innovation is vital on the grounds that it acts as our assistance and help us in doing are straightforward day by day works, another significance of innovation is to get advancement the country innovation has helped us incredibly to make a created world innovation permit us to research and discover the truths of this and the realities of this universe.
The Evolution Of Technical Science
Innovations really allude to the alteration of use of old machines and devices. Today the world has come to a period of ne present day innovations which is making our work less demanding. Like in past day we didn’t had electrical fans and manual fans where utilized however today those manual fans are supplanted by electrical fans as they these fans require no work not at all like the old fans which had moved with our hands, an another case can be a cooler this is one of those basic devices which everybody have in their homes these have supplanted the old mud pots which kept the water cool not just this the innovation of a fridge has helped us to store sustenance for additional time thus it has managed us with a method for sparing nourishment from wastage as sustenance gets ruin quick.
So this demonstrates advancements are created just to help us in our day today life. Fans and coolers are only some little pieces of the enormous triumphs of innovations. So by this we can state that atechnology is a sort of advancement to help people in their every day works and give them comfort in doing their work. So wouldn’t you say the innovations are an incredible accomplishment of people? Yes, they clearly are they charm our life by its accommodation giving nature. There are numerous different phenomenal advances which have made the life of a person considerably less demanding. One of the best cases of the wonders of these innovations is the power. Power was developed by Thomas Edison he made our life less demanding than at any other time. Prior to the innovation of power individuals used to dispose of their homes with candles and so forth, today a large portion of the things keep running with power so simply envision your existence without all these electrical contraptions. How hard would it say it was to do their every day themes for those individuals who lived in long time past time without power? It`s truly hard for us to envision our existence without power. Power has turned into the fundamental need of each person on this world.
Not just power the advancements has given us numerous different extraordinary blessing one of these endowments is directly before you from where you are perusing this. Yes you are correct it is web, we as a whole know about the significance of web in our life today. Web has likewise got to be a standout amongst the most essential advances among all different advances, individuals require web in their day today life and they are getting to be dependent on it this is only a brief look at the new innovations. Web has really changed the period of advances and has presented another branch of innovation. Web can be alluded to a virtual gadget it is not genuine it is really the virtual world and the new innovations which are going under this virtual world are called PC or programming innovation.
So by this we have picked up an extensive learning about the new advancements of this world thus we can state that this world is a specialized world developing innovations.
Never more than now has technology been an intricate assimilation into the day to day lives of humans. Today we set out to explore the modern advances in graphic technology and note the biggest advantages they provide.
#4. Oculus rift– This new technology goes beyond just playing video games. It engages more of our senses and provide a window into the future of interacting with media. The implications with this technology are endless.
#3. Sketchup– This program brings basic modeling to the main stream allowing everyone the ability to visualize what their 3D creation. Although still popular today some of the industry standard modeling programs are extremely pricey, and difficult to learn. Sketchup does not quite provide the same level of freedom as these other bigger programs such as 3ds Max however the simplicity of it makes it very approachable for someone with some existing computer skills.
#2. Youtube/ Facebook 360 degree video– The release 3D panoramic images is nothing new however the integration of it in video allows the average person with a smart phone the ability to create their own VR headset with no additional hardware. The level of immersiveness in this type of video is unmatched. You can walk down a street and look at every sight and sound as though you are right there. In our opinion we think movies could start to incorporate this sort of experience where you become “there”
#1. 3D rendering– Due to advancements in graphic cards and 3d software the quality, accuracy and speed at which 3D renders can be created at a relatively low cost continue to create a shift in Real Estate to showing architectural visualizations rather than creating expensive show rooms or real life models
What are we without our cellphones these days. They provide us with the ability to communicate, learn and be entertained. But which apps can we no longer live without?
#5. Camera: The next generation of phone users has become obsessed with their own vanity and humble brags. The single most used function on a phone seems to be the camera. The number of selfies taken each year seems to grow exponentially with no sign of slowing down. Beyond vanity there are some really beneficial uses to this. From photographing prospective real estate to keeping important paper work in one place, the camera is one of the most critical aspects of a phone.
#4. Games: We have all become so consumed by modern technology that we can no longer sit still and enjoy a break. Now when we are left alone to our own thoughts we go a little nutty. As a result that awkward silence of sitting alone is now consumed by playing simple, mindless cellphone games. They generally require very little skill or attention however we are addicted to it and we’re not afraid to admit it by posting it on social media. Can we live without them? Maybe… but do we prefer to use our “brain break” to check if our farm is still thriving? Absolutely.
#3 Email, Text, Phones: Coming in at a meager number 3, those features our old “dumb” phones were capable almost seem like a feature that is often glossed over. There are so many ways to get into touch with someone these days the idea of not having the “big three” at our disposal doesn’t seem quite so daunting to me.
#2. Google Maps: I’m a little biased with this subject. Without google maps I personally would probably be stuck somewhere in the middle of the city right now spinning in circles weeping. The concept of heading somewhere new without the reassurance of a constantly updating, ever directing map is terrifying. Are we losing our ability to navigate and go through that moment of intense focus when the music is muted so you can put all brain power to use beginning to abandon us, I never had it so I can’t speak to that.
#1. Social Media: Depending who you are chances are you are completely intertwined with the use of social media. Facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat… the evolution of how we communicate and interact with each other is constantly evolving.
You as of now have the essential bases secured: screwdrivers, hammers, measuring tape, cordless bore. What comes after that? Indeed, even the most affirmed do-it-yourselfer doesn’t have every one of the apparatuses on the planet. Here are a couple of extraordinary apparatuses—from a grommet press to a cotter stick puller—that the vast majority of us likely don’t have yet, yet ought to.
A grommet press is a flawless case of a device you didn’t know you required. Anyone who has ever attempted to secure a canvas and battled with the procedure could have utilized one of these. A grommet squeeze gives you a chance to repair or modify the area of grommets on truck covers, coverings, anything canvas. Your better half can even utilize it for draperies and different expressions and specialties.
How frequently have you attempted to carry out an occupation with stand out hand while gracelessly holding an electric lamp in the other? This one is an easy decision.
Have you ever attempted to see what was behind the TV or excitement focus while including parts? This is a Godsend for wiring employments like that and for two or three bucks, it bodes well not to have one.
Device basin coordinator
Nothing is more aggravating than making twenty treks to your truck—or the carport—to get an apparatus. Put your most-utilized devices as a part of one of these and spare yourself some genuine shoe calfskin.
This is really the cotter stick puller we began discussing toward the start of the article. Whether you have to pull any cotter pins at any point in the near future or not, an extensive pick apparatus proves to be useful too often to tally. The last time we can actually consider was the point at which we were introducing a refuse transfer and expected to expel a bit of broken plastic from the pipe coupling. We utilized a paint can cover instrument, however one of these would have been surprisingly better.
You can discover extraordinary arrangements on grommet presses and numerous other DIY supplies at The LA Shop. They are just a mouse click away and you will be happy you looked at the super values on home change supplies and devices there.